Aim High Learning presents 12th Annual Event
Event Organizing Committee:
- Jeanne Shamim – Exec. Director
- Susanna Shamim – Event Coordinator
- Beatrice Fakhrian – Event Emcee
- Mary Kingman - Arts & Crafts Coordinator
- Robert Burnham - Technical Support
- Saba Rizvi - Children's Activities Coordinator
- Tom Boomer - Music Coordinator
- Laura Scribner - Refreshments Coordinator
April 21, 2018 - Pasadena Public Library
Jeanne Shamim, Executive Director of Aim High Learning, welcomed families with young children, honored guests, and dignitaries to a fun-filled morning at the 12th Annual Event during Week of The Young Child. This year's theme focused on "Celebrating Children."
Representatives from Local, State, and Federal officials recognized Aim High and its Director, Jeanne Shamim for her continued advocacy of children. Mrs. Shamim received a Proclamation from the Mayor and Certificates from elected officials including:
- U.S. Congresswoman Judy Chu
- California State Senator Anthony Portantino
- California Assemblyman Chris Holden
- Pasadena Mayor Terry Tornick
In line with this year's theme, "Celebrating Children," kids were recognized for their artistic talents. Several children entertained the audience with their performances by singing and dancing. Every child received a gift for their participation.
Young kids and their parents and guardians had fun making artwork, and playing musical instruments.
Aim High aso kicked off a project to make Friendship Bracelets to send to children in foreign countries. This project will continue throughout 2018 and volunteers are welcome to join in.
There were informative presentations on safety by firemen from Pasadena Fire Department. Representatives from S. CA Edison also shared home safety tips in an interactive model home.
Aim High thanks all the supporters and Organizing Committee of volunteers who made 2018's event a great success:
- Hi-Point Coaching
- Little Kuts
- Culligan Water
- Pasadena Public Library
- Pasadena Fire Dept
- S.C. Edison